IMPORTANT – please note that From Jan to March 2019 the Study Days will be at The Britten-Pears School of Music, Woodbridge School, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge,IP12 4JH.
Britten-Pears School of Music, Woodbridge (Jan to March 2019)
The full address is The Britten-Pears School of Music, Woodbridge School, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge IP12 4JH. Please note that the school is a NUT-FREE and alcohol-free zone. Please do not bring nuts onto the premises.
There is level-access for wheel chairs, reserved spaces next to the entrance and disabled toilet next to the lecture room.
- From London and Ipswich proceed north on the A12 until the 2nd turn-off to Woodbridge (B1079) near the Dobbies (was Wyevale) Garden Centre. Take the 3rd exit towards Woodbridge
- After 200m turn right at the T-junction into Burkitt Road.
- After 100 yards turn left into Woodbridge School grounds.
- Follow the road, ignore the first car park and go past a school building on your left, when you get to the main school complex turn left and follow signs to car park.
- Park in the car park or on the grass if needed. The Music School is near to the car park entrance and opposite the large domed sports hall. There is plenty of parking.
Travelling by Public Transport:
There is a convenient rail service to Woodbridge Station. You can walk from the station to the school (about 3/4 mile) up a gentle incline. Alternatively you can get a taxi from the station, we recommend that you pre-book to avoid a queue. Contact M&R cars (01394 386661 – www.mandrcars.co.uk) who are based at the station, they also have the latest on-line booking services.
Information on local hotels and B&B is available from the Woodbridge tourist information office on 01394 444400, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have access to the internet you can try Smoothhound, www.justsuffolk.com, or www.bedandbreakfasts-uk.co.uk