The standard rate is £42 per person per Study Day.
You may have your first Study Day at the introductory rate of £25.
Young Persons Rate
We are keen to encourage young people, who might otherwise not get the chance, to develop an informed interest in the Medieval period. Therefore a discounted rate of £25 is available on request to people up to and including the age of 25 for a maximum of 6 Study Days in total. There a limited number of these discounted places for each Study Day so apply early. Under 18s need to be accompanied by a responsible adult. Discounted rates are not available retrospectively so please make your request at the time of booking.
If you need transport to Sutton Hoo and your ‘driver’ has no direct interest in the Study Day they may sit with you without charge, unless the day is full in which case they will need to pay the normal £42 fee. It is down to their judgement as to whether they themselves are benefiting from the day and ought to pay or not. Otherwise the driver may wish to visit the exhibition, walk the Sutton Hoo grounds or visit the picturesque local towns or coast there is lots in the area to do.
From time to time we have bursaries available to those who otherwise would not be able to attend. Usually these are reserved for students (young and old) or for those with a special interests in a particular Study Day. The bursary can also cover travel costs if necessary. If you would like to take advantage of these please email Cliff or give him a ring.
The bursary enables the applicant to attend for just £5 on condition that they write a short paragraph to the benefactor (Barbara Conduitt) indicating how they benefited from attending the study day, for example:
- what you learnt on the day,
- perhaps learning something new and unexpected,
- helped you to decide to study medieval topics further in future, either in your spare time or as a career
- kindled an interest
- made some useful contacts, both with the other participants and the speaker
- helped build a wider-ranging CV
- without the bursary I would not been able to afford/justify the costs
- encouraged you to read more about the topic
- anything else which was special about the day
Just select a few relevant points to include in the paragraph
Registered Carer’s Rate
If it is essential that your registered carer accompanies you they may come at no charge. However if the Study Day is over-subscribed they will be expected to either pay in full or occupy themselves elsewhere until their services are needed. The National Trust site offers many opportunities for visitors.
Company Purchase Orders:
We are a registered supplier to Suffolk County Council – SCC employees attending Day Schools on Official Business or for Personal Development may raise purchase orders to avoid writing their own cheques and claiming the money back.
Please contact us if you would like your company to be able to raise purchase orders for the payment of Study Days.
Before making payment please make sure that you have booked the place via email/phone. Study Day bookings will not be confirmed until payment is received. Payment can be made by:
- Cheque payable to ‘Wuffing Education’ and sent to Wuffing Education, c/o 4 Hilly Fields, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4DX.
- Direct transfer from your bank to
- Sort 09-01-50
- Account Number 0368 9395
- Our bank is Santander Business Banking, Bridle Road, Bootle, L30 4GB
- Quoting Reference “Your Name & dates of study days” eg ‘SMITH 4/3 11/3″ (This information is ESSENTIAL for us to be able to ensure we know who the payment was from and what it is for). Please email to confirm that you have paid in this way.
- For international payments you may need the address ‘Santander Business Banking, Bridle Road, Bootle, L30 4GB’ and the IBAN No ‘GB82ABBY09015003689395′ or BIC No ‘ABBYGB2LXXX’
- By special arrangement payment may be made on the day by cheque (preferred) or cash.
- To keep our overheads and therefore our prices as low as possible we cannot accept credit or debit cards.
Cancellations and Refunds:
Many of the Study Days are fully booked and people may be on a waiting list. In order to give other people the chance to attend it is important that you let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend.
- No charge for cancellations made prior to 48 hours from the event
- If you give less than 48 hours notice and there are people on the waiting list the full Study Day cost may be levied. If payment has not already been received you may be invoiced accordingly.
If you are uncertain whether you can attend we would prefer you to book even if you later find you have to cancel, just give us early warning if your plans change.
Very unusually we may have to cancel Study Days due to factors beyond our control, for example at short notice due to speaker illness or chaotic weather conditions. We will contact you as soon as possible if we do need to cancel – please can you make sure that we have your contact details, including mobile to avoid you making a wasted journey. Obviously there is a full refund if we are forced to cancel a Study Day.
If we do need to cancel any day for whatever reason, we will notify everyone by email or phone. In addition we will post updates on the Home Page of the website in the ‘Latest News’ section on the right hand side of every page.
When disruptive weather (eg wind and snow) is forecast we will post updates on the Home Page of the website in the ‘Latest News’ section on the right hand side of every page.
Laptops and Cameras:
Laptops are not permitted during the presentations. We know that a few people like to make notes directly onto laptops, however the noise can be a major distraction to both the speaker and other participants.
Touch sensitive tablets are permitted if keyclick is turned off and they are used in a sensitive manner so as not to disturb other participants. Otherwise you will be asked to cease using it.
Video and sound recording is not permitted
If you wish to take photos please ask the speaker beforehand, usually the answer will be no. If the speaker does agree, cameras should only be used infrequently and in no way should their use disturb other participants.